Date(s) - 15/07/2016
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Community MicroSkills Development Centre
MicroSkills’ Self-Employment Training (SET) Program for Women has been around for more than 20 years and we’ve worked with over 300 women, empowering them to create brighter futures for themselves as entrepreneurs.
(SET) program is a 16-week comprehensive entrepreneurship program for women, which combines professional development, life skills and business skills to give you the confidence to start and run a small business.
To apply, you must attend an information session. The information session will be approximately 2 hours long and will cover…
- 10 Myths of Running a Small Business
- Top 4 Best and Worst Businesses to Run in Canada
- 7 Key Steps to Starting a Business
- Information on our upcoming Fall Self-Employment Training (SET) Programs
Click here to register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/self-employment-training-set-program-information-session
We have limited seats, please register early! Only three dates are available during the day at 10am (July 15, July 22 and Aug 5) and three dates are available in the evening at 6pm (July 12, August 4 and August 11).
Our next two programs, a day and evening program, will be starting on September 12, 2016 and October 3, 2016 respectively. Successful applicants will be paired with mentors at the start of the program. We only have space for 15 participants.
Three days a week, with the help of experienced instructors, you will learn how to…
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses
- Discover techniques to help you balance business and family needs
- Manage your personal and business finances
- Determine what business structure is best for you
- Understand the legal considerations in running your own business (contracts, intellectual property);
- Market your business through social media, print and digital advertising, events and public relations
- Evaluate various business funding options
- Network with other entrepreneurs
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Pamela Ogang, the program coordinator by email at pogang[at]microskills.ca or phone at 416-247-7181 ext. 2304.