Toronto West Local Immigration Partnership (TWLIP)
We are a collaborative initiative working to improve the delivery of services to newcomers. We do this by enhancing service coordination among social service agencies and community stakeholders.
We innovate, we improve, and we collaborate, all with the goal of making the newcomer experience a supportive and positive one.
TWLIP is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
This project is overseen by three Partner Agencies:
WoodGreen is the lead agency responsible for project management, supporting the Planning and Coordinating Committee and monitoring project deliverables.
Making a Difference
Working together, we are improving how newcomers – and all residents – experience life in Toronto West.
A Toronto West community where – through a collaborative approach – newcomers needs are met; they are fully engaged and integrated in our communities.
Our mission is to:
- Reflect, support and welcome diversity
- Value and involve the talents of newcomers
- Increase awareness of community issues
- Create seamless, newcomer-centered service delivery
- Share resources, best practices and opportunities
- Coordinate existing resources for newcomers
Collaboration is at the core of our work. Through building intentional community between organizations serving newcomers, our members see:
- A higher quality of life for newcomers
- A more inclusive and equitable community that is informed, engaged and empowered
- A safer and healthier community for all to enjoy
- Greater community capacity and the ability to respond to service gaps through collective action
- Better deployment of limited resources, thereby meeting commitments to funders in a cost-effective way
- Recognition of the service provider networks and their organizations as essential services in Toronto West.